Author Notes: This incredibly simple recipe makes for the perfect sweet and salty snack that you just can't stop eating. I came across a kettle corn recipe somewhere on the internet and substituted my preferred ingredients for a slightly tweaked treat. Hope you like it. —amelinda
cup coconut oil, solid
cup corn kernels
cup raw sugar
teaspoon sea salt
toasted coconut flakes, optional
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat until melted. Drop in a few kernels and wait for them all to pop.
- Add the rest of the kernels and shake to coat. Sprinkle sugar evenly on top of kernels, but do not stir or shake afterward (the sugar will burn on the bottom of the pan).
- Let the kernels pop. When the popping slows to a rate of one every few seconds, you're probably done. Be wary of leaving them on too long, as they will burn.
- Transfer popcorn to a large bowl for serving and toss with sea salt and toasted coconut, if desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack