If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Think about this. Noodle soup, sausage, rice, and cheese all in one casserole. This one is a Baco family recipe. Not really its intended purpose, but it sure does work for party weekends, as the leftovers are perfect for your hangover. Eat it cold out of the container, add an egg, put it on a baguette… leftovers.recipes/hungover-weekend-casserole/
- 2 pounds spicy sausage
- 2 cups rice
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 3 packets boxed noodle soup mix (we use Mrs. Grass)
- 1 cup almonds, smashed
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown the sausage and saute up the vegetables in the drippings.
- Cook the rice and then mix in the vegetables, sausage, and almonds. Season.
- Make soup with half the water it tells you to, and mix it into the rice while hot.
- You need multiple pans to bake it- a large rectangle and a square or three squares (9×9). Bake at 350 for an hour, add the cheese to the top and bake/broil for another few minutes until deliciously cheesy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch