Author Notes: for Pork Bacon Burger with Bourbon Onion Mayonnaise —Editorial Staff
Makes: 2 cups
tablespoons Canola Oil
Large Yellow Onion (Sliced)
teaspoon Sea Salt
teaspoon Black Pepper
cup Beef Au Jus
In This Recipe
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add butter and brown slightly.
- Add sliced onions and cook while stirring for about 10 minutes or until onions just begin to caramelize.
- Add Brown Sugar, Salt and Pepper. Stir well, reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking for 20-30 minutes.
- When onions are caramelized, add the Beef Au Jus and Jim Beam Black Bourbon.
- Cook until onions have a nice brown color.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Place onions in food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Combine in mixing bowl with mayonnaise and mix until smooth.