If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch sage leaves (6 to 8)
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas
- One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin purée
- 1 quart chicken broth, store-bought or homemade
- 1 1/2 cups ditalini, tubetti, or other small pasta like orzo
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot, onion, and sage and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrot and onion are crisp and tender and sage is beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas, pumpkin purée, and broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta and quickly simmer until pasta is al dente and soup has thickened, about 8 minutes. Divide soup among serving bowls and drizzle with oil before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!