If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy-to-make vegan burgers made with butternut squash. From thechicagoenne.com —Melodie Hoke
Makes 8 burgers
- 16 ounces fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. ground flax + 6 tbsp. water)
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 1/4 cups raw butternut squash, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 450˚F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Put beans, onion, mushrooms, quinoa and squash in a large mixing bowl. Using a spatula and a bit of elbow grease, stir until combined. Add remaining ingredients and continue to stir until fully combined.
- Form into 8 patties and place on the baking trays. Bake on each side for 15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before devouring.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch