If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious and flavorful meatloaf featuring lean ground turkey and a host of fresh veggies. The veggies are initially softened in the microwave to expedite the flavor incorporation in the final dish. An Asian inspired sultry sweet/hot//savory glaze really ties everything together. The end product is moist and colorful, packed w/ vitamins minerals and wonderfulness, throw in some ciabatta bread, fresh tender spinach, cheese and your favorite condiment, along with a kosher spear and it's a hard to beat blue plate special for lunch! —Denese Smith
For the Meatloaf:
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup celery, small dice, with some inner leaves
- 1/2 cup mixed mini-peppers, small dice
- 1/2 cup leeks, white part, well cleaned, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 pieces garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry peppers sauce
- 1 cup dark rye bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- olive oil for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons less sodium soy
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Place veggies drizzled with olive oil in microwave safe bowl, SPST.
- Cook on high for 4 minutes
- Allow time to cool enough to handle.
- When ready, combine contents of bowl (do not drain), fish sauce, sherry peppers, breadcrumbs and egg to turkey and blend well, without overworking the protein.
- Form in desired loaf pan or dish and bake until internal temperature reaches 165*F, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the glaze
- Combine glaze ingredients and microwave for 1 minute. Stir well.
- Brush glaze on several times during last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Let rest before slicing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch