If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This chili is:
not overwhelmingly "pumpkin-y"
loaded with veggies
devoured by all, even toddlers
the only chili recipe you'll need all winter —Kelly // Nosh and Nourish
- 2 cups greens (I used beet greens)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 apple (I used gala)
- 1 pound ground beef (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes (I used 2 cans of Muir Glen organic tomatoes w/onions
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 30 ounces black-eyed peas (rinsed & drained)
- 15 ounces chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- 2.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup frozen corn & black beans
- Dice the greens, bell pepper, and apple. In a large stockpot over medium heat, saute these veggies with the minced garlic for approximately 5 minutes until the bell pepper is softened.
- OPTIONAL (if using meat), remove the sauteed vegetables from the stockpot and place them in a container to save for later. Put the ground beef into the stockpot over medium heat and cook until all the meat is browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in the sauteed veggies that you set aside and all the remaining ingredients!
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with cornbread (optional).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch