If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An innovative salad recipe from the home and style expert, Svitlana Flom, who is also the Editor-In-Chief of Art de Fete, an informative website that offers tips and recipes to help women enrich their home entertaining style.
Beets are one of those versatile root vegetables which are excellent roasted, sautéed, boiled or raw! Beetroot is also a nutritional powerhouse, rich in fiber and vitamin C. In this salad, the earthy sweetness is paired with sharp and buttery Manchego cheese, juicy cherry tomatoes and toasted walnuts to add the crunch. To make the beets palatable, let the grated beets sit and marinate in some simple vinaigrette of olive oil, Champagne vinegar and salt. It will soften it and bring up the flavor to a new height. Alternatively, goat cheese and pistachio variation can be used instead. —Svitlana Flom
For the salad
- 2 small red beets, peeled
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese shavings
- pinches dry oregano
- 1/8 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, just leaves
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Sea salt
- freshly ground black peppe
- Whisk together vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper.
- Gradually add the olive oil until well combined.
- Thinly julienne the beets using a mandoline or a very sharp knife.
- Transfer to a bowl and pour the dressing on top.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- To finish off the salad, add cherry tomatoes and parsley leaves, gently mix to combine.
- Adjust the seasoning and plate the salad.
- Sprinkle each serving with walnuts and shave the cheese on top.