If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a Turkish dish called "Zeytinyagli pirasa" which means "leeks with olive oil". I used to hate this dish and any leek dish when I was younger, but for some reason I now love leeks and this dish. It is even better in UK as the leeks here are much smaller and tastier than their Turkish cousins.
It is a simple dish that is best eaten at room temprature and makes a great packed lunch.
To add more lemon kick, add zest of the lemon to the dish. —[email protected]
- 500 grams Leeks
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Lemon
- 50 grams Rice
- 200 milliliters Water
- 70 milliliters Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Black pepper
- Slice the carrots and leeks diagonally by 1-2cm.
- Juice the lemon.
- Mix the carrot, leeks, juice of lemon with rest of the ingrediendt in a pot.
- Bring it boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the carrots and leeks are cooked.
- Once cooked cool it to room tempreture and serve it with drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a slice of lemon.