If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Practically bare naked, the scallions are completely transformed into sweet bits of caramelized umami by the frying, and believe me (for your own benefit) when I say that this is simplicity at its best. —Coco et Cocoa
- 1/2 cup neutral flavoured oil, such as avocado or rice bran
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 packets fresh ramen or thin udon noodles
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan until hot and shimmery. A piece of scallion dropped in should bubble vigourously. Tip in all of the scallions at once and fry, stirring occasionally, until well browned and crisp. This will take about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and pepper.
- Cook the noodles as directed on the package. Rinse under hot water and drain thoroughly. Toss the noodles with the fried scallion oil and serve immediately!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles