If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fresh and easy alternative to the old cabbage based slaw. Plus you get to use this freaky alien turnip! —Thai Me Up Kitchen
- 400 grams kohlrabi
- 1 large carrot
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 5-6 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 70 grams mayonnaise
- 2-3 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon English mustard, less if you don't like the heat
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 splash lemon juice, to taste
- 1 pinch salt & black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Peel the kohlrabi and the carrot. Ensure that you have removed all the tough outer bits of the kohlrabi.
- Slice the kohlrabi and carrot using a mandoline, set on the fine julienne setting, or thinly slice by hand. Add the matchsticks to the bowl with the dressing along with the coriander, mint and parsley.
- Toss all the ingredients together until everything is coated evenly. Season to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side