If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Give yourself a healthy boost of energy by incorporating vegetarian dishes like this Rainbow of Carrots Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette into your diet. Crisp and sweet carrots are an excellent source of dietary fiber, antioxidants and minerals which help to keep your digestive system healthy, eyes bright and skin radiant. They come in a variety of colors, from the classic deep orange to purple, pink, red, white and yellow. In this salad, a sweet and spicy roasted bell pepper vinaigrette blends with the crunchy carrot ribbons, tender fava beans, sweet cherry tomatoes and paper-thin radishes in this superbly refreshing and health-giving salad. Slice, dice, dress and enjoy! —Svitlana Flom
- 3 medium size multicolored carrots, peeled
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3/4 cup fava beans or edamame, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely choppe
- 2 jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (fruity, not peppery)
- 1/8 teaspoon grounded coriander
- pinches cayenne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Carrots: Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into a bowl. Set aside.
- Fava beans: Blanch the beans for 1 minute then plunge them into ice water. Once cool enough to handle, using your thumbs release the beans from pale skin that surrounds the beans. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: Roughly chop roasted bell peppers. In a food processor, combine bell peppers, parsley, garlic and honey. Whiz to combine, while the processor is still running, pour in olive oil slowly, until well emulsified. Season with salt, pepper, coriander and a pinch of cayenne.
- Make the salad: In a bowl, combine shaved carrots, radishes, and fava beans. Add 3-4 tablespoons of the dressing and mix until the vegetables are well coated. Adjust the seasoning if needed, sprinkle with chives and serve.