Author Notes: A simple and delicious roast -- great for dinner and next-day sandwiches. —Cara Nicoletti
Serves: 6 to 8
cup olive oil
cup salt (if you are sensitive to salt, half this amount)
tablespoon crushed red pepper
tablespoon coarse black pepper
sprigs rosemary, picked and finely chopped
sprigs thyme, picked and finely chopped
pounds boneless pork loin, fat trimmed to 1/4-1/2 inch
In This Recipe
- Pass your garlic cloves through a garlic press into a mortar and pestle. Add olive oil, salt, red pepper, black pepper, rosemary, and thyme, and grind them all up in the mortar and pestle until they form a paste. Rub the pork loin all over with the seasoning paste, place it in a roasting pan lined with tinfoil and covered in plastic wrap, and allow it to sit in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, remove the roast from the fridge, take off the plastic wrap, and allow the pork loin to sit out at room temperature for about 45 minutes before roasting.
- After 35 to 40 minutes, pre-heat your oven to 425° F. Roast the pork loin, fat side-up, for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, lower the heat to 225° F and allow the pork to cook until the center reaches 135° F about a 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!