If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilled to perfection vegetable sandwich.
What makes this Bombay sandwich so special, its hearty bread, lathered with butter, special green chutney (http://wp.me/p4GI8Z-1U) and lots and lots of sliced vegetables, sprinkled with chaat masala, arranged very meticulously and in orderly fashion layer by layer and then toasted just until they become crispy on the outside. —jinal contractor
Makes 6 sandwich
- 1 Pk Hearty whole grain bread of your choice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup green chutney
- 1 cup Red sauce 1/2 cup Ketchup +1/2 cup Cholula sauce
- 1 thinly sliced green pepper
- 2 boiled thinly sliced potato
- 1 thinly sliced english cucumber
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 thinly sliced beefsteak tomato
- 6 tablespoons Chaat masala
- 1 ripe hass avacado
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil for grilling
- start with 2 slice of bread for one sandwich. Spread butter on one slice of bread
- Generously spread green chutney on one and red sauce on the other, Check out http://wp.me/p4GI8Z-1U for Green chutney recipe.
- Arrange boiled sliced potato and sliced green pepper on each sprinkle with chaat masala on the way
- Arrange sliced english cucumber and thin sliced onions, again sprinkle with chaat masala
- Layer sliced tomato and avocado, repeat chaat masala
- Place the bread with avocado on top of the bread finished with tomato and cover the top layer with one more slice of bread finished with butter and green chutney.
- Toast in Panini press or similar till it becomes crispy or just until it get grilled marks. Cut and serve with side of extra chutney and red sauce if desired.
- *Avoid butter for vegan recipe *Use oatmeal bread or similar for gluten-free version