If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by classic Mediterranean flavors, this stunner of a recipe will warm your soul and convince the pickiest of eaters that vegetables are the bomb. Seasoned with lots of cumin, garlic and olive oil, a whole cauliflower is roasted whole until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. It is then smeared with delicious, finger-licking, roasted red pepper sauce. Elegant enough for a party, easy enough for a weeknight meal, this recipe elevates cauliflower's status to rock star. —Tasty Plan
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 large cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash peeled garlic cloves with cumin power, salt, and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Smear the paste over a leaf free, clean cauliflower and place on top of a baking sheet.Pour remaining olive oil over the cauliflower
- Depending on the size of the cauliflower, roast for 1-1.25 hours. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 red chili pepper (optional, adds heat)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degree.
- Place whole pepper and, if using, the chili peppers in oven. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove and set aside, covered with foil for five to ten minutes.
- Uncover, then peel skin off, then cut in half and remove seeds. You should have about 1 cup roasted peppers total.
- Place in food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side