If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I grew up eating this savory butternut squash. This recipe brings me back to Andalusia, Spain. —sorayaaguilar
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 pounds butternut squash, diced
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Fleur de Sel to taste
- Fresh oregano to garnish
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- In a medium sauté pan, heat Extra virgin olive oil for 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté until golden. Add diced butternut squash, sauté for 3 minutes. Add vinegar, cumin, oregano and fleur de sel, and sauté for 2 more minutes. Pour in vegetable broth and cover, cooking over medium heat until all the broth is evaporated and butternut squash is very tender (25 minutes). Mash the squash with a potato masher. Garnish with fresh oregano. Serve warm. Serve as a side dish with pork chops or roasted chicken. It’s also delicious as a spread over toasted bread