If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Buttery brown sugar sour cream pound cake topped with toasted almonds. —Riley Wofford
Makes one 9-inch loaf
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl to combine. Whisk together the sour cream, milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract in another bowl. Add the flour and milk mixtures alternately to the batter, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, blending until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top. Bake for about 1 hour, until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack and let cool completely.