If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Those bruxel sprouts are simply roasted in olive oil with a brown onion and deglazed with a mix of water and baking soda that remove their sulphur taste and smell. Served with a drizzle of orange juice to enhance the autumn flavour of this clean side dish. —sweetashoneynz
cups bruxel sprouts, washed
teaspoon baking soda
tablespoons olive oil
cup water, cold
piece brown onion, finely chopped
tablespoons orange juice, fresh
- Cut the bruxel sprout feet and wash them under cold water.
- In a saucepan warm 2 tablespoon of olive oil and brown the chopped brown onion for 1 minutes until golden brown.
- Deglazed with a mix of 1/4 cup of cold water mixed with 1 tablespoon of baking soda. The baking soda will remove the sulphur taste and smell of bruxel sprout.
- Cover and simmer under low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve straight away with a drizzle of orange juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side