If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A nutty, home-y, spicy, and sweet granola. Best eaten burningly hot and straight out of the oven!
You can substitute a lot of these ingredients for whatever you have in your house and whatever you like. All you need is really oats, nuts, some syrup, oil, and spices of your choice. You can also add a cup of cranberries at the very end (if you're into that sort of thing.) —Isobel
Makes around 6 cups
cup walnuts (in chunks and pieces)
cup shredded coconut
cup golden syrup (plus a tablespoon if needed)
tablespoons canola oil
1/4 - 1/2
1/4 - 1/2
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Get out a large mixing bowl. Put all your ingredients in and toss with your hands. Make sure that it all becomes a somewhat uniform mix.
- Put the mix on a baking sheet and the baking sheet in the oven. You might need two, depending on the size of your sheet.
- Bake for 10 -15 minutes, and then take out and toss. I use a spatula or a large spoon and just mix it about.
- Put it back into the oven for another 15 minutes until golden and fragrant. Leave on the sheet until cooled. You can store your granola in a tuber ware container and it will last about a week or two.