If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A different spin to a classic pesto and pasta, this quick and easy dish is a sure crowd-pleaser —Minna Lee
- 1 bunch Dino (Lacinato/Tuscan) Kale, chopped (about 6 whole leaves)
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 tablespoon Grated Parmesan Reggiano
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 2 Zucchini, sliced w/a julienne peeler or spiralizer to make noodles
- In food processor, combine walnuts, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper, and gently pulse a few times to combine. Add in half of chopped kale, and blend until well mixed.
- Add second half of kale and blend continuously, pausing to scrape sides of bowl as needed. Keep blending until well combined.
- With the processor running, gently pour in EVOO through the hole in the bowl's cover (if your processor doesn't have one, just open and pour in EVOO in small parts, blend, and repeat). Keep blending until pesto is uniform.
- At this point, you are finished with the pesto- but feel free to add some more of whatever ingredient you feel is needed to taste.
- Mix pesto with zucchini noodles, and serve. Optional- you can quickly throw the zucchini noodles on a pan to make them a bit more tender if you don't like zucchini raw.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side