If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A crispy gathering of kale, chocolate, almonds, and honey blackberry reduction. —Concetta Smith
Kale and Chocolate Salad
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup 85% cocoa chocolate slivers
Blackberry Honey Reduction
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1-2 tablespoons honey to taste
- Blackberry Reduction: Turn stove on medium-high. Once hot, place blackberries and t tablespoon of honey in a small pot. Heat for about one minute, then, with a potato masher smash blackberries until they are liquified. There will be a lot of seeds, try to mash the pulp as much as possible. Turn down heat to low-medium, keep mashing for about five minutes. Let sit on very low heat for one more minute. You don't have to remove seeds, but if you want to here's how; empty mixture into bowl and scoop seeds out with a fork. This will get most of the seeds. If you don't remove the seeds you may want to add the extra tablespoon of honey, depending on how tart you like it. Without the seeds it should reduce to about 1/3 cup. With the seeds and pulp it will be a bit more, about 1/2 cup. When the reduction is cool, pour on top of kale chocolate salad.
- Kale Salad: Chop and wash 5 cups of fresh kale. Dry and mix in a bowl with olive oil. Sprinkle in almonds, chocolate slivers. Top with blackberry reduction.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side