cups kale (about 1 bunch)
yellow onion, finely chopped
tablespoons olive oil or sunflower oil
cups feta cheese, crumbled
tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
teaspoon black pepper, freshly grated
cup unsalted butter, melted
- In a medium pan over medium heat, sauté the onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the kale to the onion and turn the heat down to low. Cover and let it cook for a few minutes or until the kale starts to wilt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, flour, and baking powder. Give it a whisk. Season with freshly grated nutmeg, black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Add the toasted walnuts, crumbled feta cheese and sautéed kale with onion. Combine everything well together.
- Line a baking pan with parchment baking paper.
- Start assembling the kale triangles: Place a sheet of phyllo pastry on a clean working surface. Brush the pastry lightly with melted butter. Fold the sheet into thirds lengthwise. Add 1 Tbsp of the filling in the bottom left corner of the pastry. Start folding towards right, then left. Continue folding until you have a triangular-shaped pastry. Brush the top with butter and place seam-side down on the baking pan. Repeat process until all filling is used up.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden. Serve right away!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side