If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious savory carp roe (a.k.a. fish egg) spread, perfect for sandwiches, wraps, or just enjoying on toast and crackers. —Eva Kosmas Flores
- 8 slices day-old French bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup carp roe (tarama)
- 3 tablespoons diced shallot
- 3/4 cup quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Soak the bread in a cup of water for five minutes, then squeeze out the excess moisture and set it aside.
- In a blender or a food processor, process together the carp roe and shallot. Add the bread, 1/4 cup at a time, until smooth. Drizzle in the olive oil in one small and steady stream while the mixer is still running. Do the same with the lemon juice and blend until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Empty the taramasalata into a small bowl, cover, and keep refrigerated when not in use.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!