If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've never been a big fan of commercial Almond Paste but when I found this recipe for home made, my whole coffee cake world opened before my eyes. This really is a lot different than that stuff that comes in a plastic roll. —ChefJune
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (superfine it by buzzing it in your food processor for a few seconds)
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- In a small (1 quart) saucepan, bring the water quickly to a boil. Add the almonds. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 8 minutes. Drain and cool for 15 minutes.
- 2. In your food processor fitted with the metal blade, process the almonds and sugar until smooth (about 1 1/2 minutes) stopping frequently to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the egg white and butter and process for one more minute. Refrigerate until needed.
- Teacher’s Tip: Well wrapped, this Almond Paste will keep in your refrigerator for up to a month.