If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came from the wife of a friend of mine. It tastes wonderful fresh from the oven, but even better the next day. I usually wrap it in a tortilla and eat it like a burrito or pour it in a bowl over corn chips with a little bit of sour cream or Mexican Crema. This can also be made with a pork roast instead of beef. —Chris Cole
pounds Beef roast
5 - 10
Whole Green Chilies, roasted and diced
Cloves of garlic crushed
ounces Can of pureed tomatillios.
cup Red Wine
Whole yellow onion chopped
cup Chicken Broth
couple of tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 300 Degrees
- Generously season the meat on both sides with Salt and pepper
- Heat Dutch oven (or similar oven proof pot) on stove top over medium high heat. Add some olive and sear roast on all sides. This should be about 3 minutes per side. Remove roast and set aside.
- Add a little more olive oil and add the diced onions. Stir onions until they become a golden brown. (about 5 minutes)
- Add crushed garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the red wine and reduce until its almost all gone and there is a little bit of sauce in the bottom.
- After the wine is reduced, add the chicken broth, green chilies, tomatillos, and the roast to the pot.
- Cover the pot and place in the oven at 300 degrees for around 3 hours.
- After the roast has fully cooked, shred it and mix it all together and enjoy.