Author Notes: For this very easy, no-cook recipe, I like to use my homemade granola, lightly sweetened and chock full of almonds, pecans, and sunflower seeds. If I'm buying granola, my favorite is made by Early Bird Foods, readily available here in Brooklyn and online. This recipe will also work well with the additions/substitutions of almond butter, butterscotch chips, or some chopped dried fruit. —vvvanessa
Serves: 24-30 bon bons
cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
cups granola of your choice
cup chocolate chips, preferably mini
cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- Spread the cocout out on a large plate or rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Mix throroughly. You'll probably want to use your hands for this.
- Using 2 spoons, a small cookie scoop, or lightly dampened fingertips, shape about 2 tablespoons' worth of the mixture into small balls. Set them on the bed of coconut.
- When all the balls are made, roll them in the coconut to coat completely.
- Serve with lots of ice-cold milk.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack