If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Flaky apple and gooey caramel turnovers sprinkled with fleur de sel. —Riley Wofford
Makes 8 turnovers
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- Fleur de sel, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss together the apples, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl to combine.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface and roll out to a 12-inch square. Cut into 4 smaller squares. Distribute some of the apple mixture in the center of each square of dough and drizzle about 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce over each pile of apples. Fold the pastry over the fruit to form a triangle and seal the edges with the tines of a fork. Brush the tops with the egg wash and cut a few slits in the top of each turnover. Place on the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry, apple filling, and caramel sauce. Sprinkle each turnover with fleur de sel.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until golden brown all over. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.