If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dessert, native to Catalunya, is a very local one. Mató is a whole milk cheese that is often likened to a ricotta for its soft texture, although the taste is more mild than that of a ricotta. Given the light character of mató, the honey becomes the centerpiece of this dish. Fragrant and floral local honey, such as thyme, rosemary, or orange blossom, usually works best. —Melissa Leighty
- 1 liter whole (non UHT) milk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Bring the milk just to a boil, then remove from the heat. T
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon, straining out the seeds. Add it to the milk and stir well.
- Press the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or a cheesecloth until all of the excess liquid has been removed. he product should retain some liquid or it will be too dry, especially if you plan to make it ahead of time. It can be made a day ahead and placed in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Drizzle with honey to taste.