If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: hough not a Catalan dish, it nonetheless finds its way onto many menus here and is often transformed in the way of new cuisine. This one is a variation on a classic, one that I had at a restaurant in the Born called Bestiari that doesn't exist anymore. One, rather, that has been reinvented with the renovation of the Mercat del Born, a beautiful new space now called Saboc. Tasting this gaspatxo was one of those moments that freezes in place, when something utterly foreign and equally wonderful hits your tongue. My version is less dressed for the occasion but nevertheless works wonders on a hot summer day. —Melissa Leighty
- 4-6 tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/4 watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and combine.
- Pass the mixture through a colander to remove the seeds.
- Chill in the refrigerator for approximately one hour or until cold.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of volcanic black salt, a drizzle of olive oil and a few leaves of basil.