If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Deliciously nutty and low carb english muffins. —fitlexyskitchen
- 2 cups Spelt Flour
- 3 cups Ground Flaxseed
- 1 packet Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Warm Water (110 Degrees)
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Egg
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Semolina Flour (For dusting the pan)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and until well incorporated. Next, add in eggs, coconut oil, honey, and water. Mix for about 5 minutes.
- On a floured surface, take out dough and knead mixture until it becomes less sticky and more elastic. Then roll out into 1 ½ inch thickness, cut with a 2’ biscuit cutter (18-20 muffins).
- On an oiled baking sheet let the muffins rise in a warm place for an hour. Next, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then in a large skillet over medium high heat pour in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and smear around with a paper towel (you want this for the nice brown color on the muffin).
- Working in batches, place 5-6 muffins and cook on each side until nice and brown (5-6 minutes). Repeat process until all muffins are cooked.
- Line two baking sheets with a bit of semolina flour and place the english muffin on. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!