If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from the King Arthur Flour web site. —Derek Laughren
Makes about 16 biscuits
- 100 grams Gluten Free Grain Blend (We used King Arthur's Ancient Grains Blend)
- 100 grams Cornmeal
- 115g grams Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 115 grams Butter
- 170 grams Buttermilk
- 80 grams Maple Syrup, Grade A
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 cup Large granule sugar, such as demerara.
- Heat oven to 425° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Cut (cold) butter into cubes and work them into the dry ingredients by hand until pea-sized chunks are achieved. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together wet ingredients.Keep chilled in refrigerator until dry ingredients are cold. Stir wet bowl into dry bowl just until combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoon sized balls of the dough onto the baking sheets, 1 to 2 inches apart. Wet your fingers with cool water and smooth the portioned batter.
- Sprinkle the top of each biscuit with the large granule sugar.
- Bake about 15 minutes, rotating pans halfway through cooking process. Remove when golden brown.