Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from the King Arthur Flour web site. —Derek Laughren
Makes: about 16 biscuits
grams Gluten Free Grain Blend (We used King Arthur's Ancient Grains Blend)
grams Gluten Free Flour
teaspoon Xanthan Gum
tablespoon Baking Powder
grams Maple Syrup, Grade A
cup Large granule sugar, such as demerara.
In This Recipe
- Heat oven to 425° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Cut (cold) butter into cubes and work them into the dry ingredients by hand until pea-sized chunks are achieved. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together wet ingredients.Keep chilled in refrigerator until dry ingredients are cold. Stir wet bowl into dry bowl just until combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoon sized balls of the dough onto the baking sheets, 1 to 2 inches apart. Wet your fingers with cool water and smooth the portioned batter.
- Sprinkle the top of each biscuit with the large granule sugar.
- Bake about 15 minutes, rotating pans halfway through cooking process. Remove when golden brown.