If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite compound butter is gorgonzola chive garlic butter. This is great served on top of a grilled steak. It is also good spread on some good crusty bread and toasted under the broiler or just on bread or rolls to have with a meal.
I suggest you make up two sticks of butter the first time; it is addictive and will be gone quick.
Makes one stick
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- Crumbled gorgonzola cheese to equal a stick of butter
- 1 tablespoon Snipped fresh chives or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons Dried garlic flakes, I used Penzey's
- 1. Place stick of butter in a bowl; add about an equal amount of crumbled gorgonzola cheese, a good tablespoon of snipped chives or 1 teaspoon dried chives, 2 teaspoons dried garlic flakes, I use Penzey’s. Mix all together until mixed through.
- 2 Let sit about a half hour then place on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll up twisting the ends.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze for later.