If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free appetizer that's easy to make and perfect for any dinner party. The salty pork, sweet glaze and vibrant texture are sure to be a hit! —Meghan Little
For the Pork Sides
- 2 pounds Pork Sides
- 2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Green Onions
- to taste Coarse Sea Salt
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup Paleo Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Bird's Eye Chili Peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Vinegar
- Slice the pork sides to ¼” thick strips.
- Combine the coconut oil and sesame oil in a saucepan and heat over medium-high (~6.5) heat. While the oils are heating, lightly dust the pork sides with sea salt on both sides.
- Once the oil is very hot, so hot that it pops on it’s own, add the pork sides in a single layer. Cook on the first side until it is golden brown and crispy, then flip each pork side, place in a single layer, and cook until golden and crispy on the second side. This will take a little while, be patient…it’s worth it.
- While the pork sides are frying, combine the coconut aminos, Paleo Sweet Chili Sauce, Bird’s Eye chili peppers (1 if you like mildly spicy, 2 if you like spicy), ginger paste, and coconut vinegar in a food processor and blend until combined. Set aside for later.
- Once the pork has cooked, take it out of the grease and drain on a paper towel. Repeat this until all of the pork sides have been cooked to a crispy, golden brown on the outside, with a tender, chewy center. Once the pork is warm, but not molten, toss it in the sauce and serve with chopped green onions.