If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These delicious grain-free pumpkin muffins are the perfect fall treat! With the added chocolate chips, they would be an adorable treat for Halloween because of their light orange with speckled black coloring. —Primal Palate
- .5 cups Coconut flour, sifted
- .5 cups tapioca flour
- .5 cups maple syrup
- .5 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup palm shortening (Spectrum brand, sustainably sourced)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees, and line a muffin tray with cupcake papers.
- Place a mesh strainer into a medium sized mixing bowl, like they are "nested".
- Add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, maple sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to the mesh trainer, and sift all of those ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together the eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and blend again with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the melted palm shortening, and blend again, this time turning the speed up to high to whip some air into the batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake the muffins on the middle rack, in the center of the oven for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool, and enjoy.