If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy and elegant spin on a classic drink that serves as an anytime pick-me-up —Trent Pottala
- 2 ounces Rittenhouse Rye Whiksey
- 1 ounce Earl Grey Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg White
- For simple syrup: Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan and bring to boil. Add 1 tablespoon of loose earl grey tea, and a few sprigs of lavender if available. Let steep for 20 minutes. Strain, cool, and bottle.
- For cocktail: Combine whiskey, syrup, lemon juice, and egg white in a shaker. Forcefully dry shake for ~15 seconds. Fill shaker with ice and shake for another 15 seconds – a beautiful egg cocktail should nearly have a head of froth as opposed to just a small layer on top. Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
More Great Recipes: Cocktails