If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When it's cold out, I crave potatoes and warming comfort food—and this one’s a ripper. It's perfect served alongside a warm winter roast. Enjoy it with a nice glass of Chardonnay or Pinot Noir. It warms the soul. —Cle-ann
Food52 Review: WHO: Cle-ann is a Greek recipe developer living in Melbourne, Australia.
WHAT: Roasted potatoes like we've never seen them before—bright, springtime-y, and green.
HOW: Cover roasted potatoes with an herbaceous blend of cilantro, peas, anchovy, Dijon mustard, horseradish, olive oil, and lemon. (Yes, that's it.)
WHY WE LOVE IT: After a long winter of root vegetable-centric dinners, we vowed to never touch a potato until next winter—but then we tasted this dish. The green sauce makes the potatoes bright enough to accompany any warm weather meal. Make the pesto ahead of time and freeze it for weeknight meals or barbecues (see you later, potato salad). —The Editors
Serves 4 to 6
For the potatoes:
- 600 grams Kipfler or fingerling potatoes
- 1 drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
For the green sauce:
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 cup peas
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 °C (430º F).
- Put potatoes in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season well with salt and a little pepper, and toss. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Once cooked, remove potatoes from the baking tray and put in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- To make the green sauce, put all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until combined but still chunky, about 30 seconds. Spoon over the potatoes while they're hot and serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0