Author Notes: An abundance of farmers market carrots led to this addictive side. —nykavi
pound Carrots ( orange, white, purple)
tablespoons Olive oil
teaspoons Fennel seeds
teaspoons Coriander seeds
teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Trim, wash and dry carrots. Cut carrots lengthwise in half. Keep small ones whole.
- Pulse fennel and coriander seeds in a coffee grinder about 8-10 times. Seeds should retain some bite, not turn to powder.
- Line a sheet pan with nonstick foil or spritz a foil-lined sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Whisk olive oil, fennel & coriander seeds and kosher salt in a bowl.
- Drop carrots into bowl and stir to coat with spice mix.
- Place carrots cut side down on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes till undersides are caramelized to a deep brown color.
- Flip carrots over and roast for another 5-7 minutes before serving.
- These roasted carrots could be the most addictive sides to any entree.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer