If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recently I picked up a two pound bag of sweet mini peppers (red, yellow and orange) and used a half pound to skewer sirloin kebabs. The peppers were sweet and succulent. The remaining peppers were used to make this vegetarian pasta which we loved! —inpatskitchen
Serves 2 as a main..4 as a side
- 1 1/2 pounds of sweet mini peppers, stemmed and sliced in half vertically
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- One 2.25 ounce can sliced California olives or about 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers in brine
- 5 ounces dry pasta (penne or rigatoni)
- Pre heat your oven to 350F. Combine the peppers, olive oil, salt, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and oregano and place in a medium size roasting pan. Roast the mixture for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta per package directions. Drain but reserve about one cup of the pasta water.
- Once the peppers have finished roasting, transfer them to a large skillet and stir in the olives and capers. Add the cooked pasta and a little of the reserved pasta water while on the heat. Add more pasta water if needed. Serve nice and warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe