If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One word: umami. All. The. Way. —Coco et Cocoa
packet smoked oysters in oil
small brown onion, finely diced
milliliters light cream (10%~18% MF)
sea salt, to taste
bunches kale, leaves only, wilted and squeezed dry
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Tip the oil from the oyster tin into a saucepan, reserving the oysters. Add the butter and heat until melted and beginning to sputter. Add the onions and fry without coloring until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour to form a paste, then gradually whisk in the cream a little at a time until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the water, nutmeg, and sea salt to taste. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the bechamel to a blender, add the reserved oysters and puree until completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked kale thoroughly with the sauce and spoon into a baking dish.
- Bake until golden and bubbly. Enjoy!