Author Notes: One word: umami. All. The. Way. —Coco et Cocoa
packet smoked oysters in oil
small brown onion, finely diced
milliliters light cream (10%~18% MF)
sea salt, to taste
bunches kale, leaves only, wilted and squeezed dry
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Tip the oil from the oyster tin into a saucepan, reserving the oysters. Add the butter and heat until melted and beginning to sputter. Add the onions and fry without coloring until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour to form a paste, then gradually whisk in the cream a little at a time until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the water, nutmeg, and sea salt to taste. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the bechamel to a blender, add the reserved oysters and puree until completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked kale thoroughly with the sauce and spoon into a baking dish.
- Bake until golden and bubbly. Enjoy!