If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Seared scallops, roasted beet, supremed citrus and arugula with cilantro persillade —julia sherman
large diver scallops
medium red beets
cara cara oranges
1 / 2
1 / 4
cups lemon juice
1 / 4
cups olive oil
1 / 2
1 / 4
cups flat leaf italian parsley leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Remove tops of beets, wash the beets thoroughly and wrap in tinfoil. Put in the oven and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, check on them after 40 minutes. If you can slice through them easily, they are done. Remove from over, unwrap and allow to cool. Slide skin off the cooked beets and discard. Cut the beets into 1” wedges.
- Wash and spin arugula. Drizzle with juice of 1/2 lemon and olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper, toss to coat. Set aside.
- Slice off both ends of your citrus. Rest on flat end, and take a sharp knife and cut from top to bottom, removing all the skin and white membrane of the fruit. Rotate fruit 90• and slice along the membranes that create the sections. you should have perfect wedges now, with no fibrous membrane attached whatsoever. Repeat with all your citrus.
- Congratulations. You have just “supremed” an orange.Reserve the skins for the dressing.
- Add 1 tbs olive oil or butter to a frying pan on medium heat. When the pan is hot, add scallops and cook on either side for 1 minute, or until you see that they are getting a golden brown hue. flip only once. They should remain raw in the center.
- Pile arugula on a platter, top with beets and citrus and scallops, and spoon persillade over the top and edges of the plate. Serve.