If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Savory, smokey and slightly sweet vegan "bacon" easily made from coconut flakes. —Melodie Hoke
Makes 2 cups of coconut bacon
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place coconut in a medium bowl and set aside. In another bowl, whisk together maple syrup, agave, tamari and liquid smoke. Pour mixture over the coconut and stir until combined.
- Evenly spread the coconut mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring often (every 3-5 minutes). Allow to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift