If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick and easy dessert that is kid-friendly. The possibilities for toppings are endless! Quick video tutorial on original post. —Michele Spring
apple, cored and cut into approx 8 slices
tablespoon lemon juice
ounces dark chocolate
Toppings like chopped nuts, shredded coconut, sprinkles, sea salt, raisins, etc
- Place the cut apples in a solution of 1 tbs lemon juice and 2 cups water to prevent browning.
- Put your desired toppings in separate bowls and set aside.
- Remove the apples from the lemon solution and stick a lollipop stick through the bottom of the slice.
- Melt the dark chocolate or coconut butter over a low temp. Dip the apple in the chocolate.
- Now dip the apple in the bowl with the topping you want and turn around to cover. Some toppings, like the nuts, might not stick as well when dipping so you can place the nuts on the apple as well. Place the finished apples on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Let cool and harden before serving (if it’s warm in your kitchen you might have to put them in the refrigerator to get them to harden)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift