If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Slightly sweetened oatmeal squares filled with pumpkin puree, dried cranberries, and almond slivers for a delicious snack. These healthy oatmeal squares are great for an early breakfast on the go. —Andrea Giang
cups old fashioned oats (check for gluten-free)
cup pumpkin puree (not filling)
tablespoons vegetable oil
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
cup agave syrup
cup almond slivers
cup dried cranberries
cup brown sugar, more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease the 9x9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the old fashioned oats, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice, agave syrup, almond slivers, dried cranberries, and brown sugar until all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated. The mixture will be moist.
- Transfer the pumpkin and oats mixture over to the baking pan. Use your hand or a spatula to flatten it into an even layer.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the outer edges are golden brown and the center is firm.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and allow it to cool for about 15 minutes. Slice into 9 squares with a knife.
- Serve the oatmeal squares warm or cold for breakfast or as a snack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift