Author Notes: This recipe came about because I love bulgur and wanted to make a wholesome breakfast one day. —MES
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 1/2-1 cups milk
- honey, brown sugar or vanilla sugar
- almonds, toasted and chopped
- dried fruit (raisins, figs, pears)
- Bring 1/2c milk to a boil. Add bulgur and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat and cook until bulgur tender and milk has been mostly absorbed. If necessary, add more milk to prevent bulgur from being too dry.
- Add desired sweetener-vanilla sugar adds really nice flavor. Stir in dried fruit and toasted nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Porridge