If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy mashed potatoes stuffed with Aged Smoked Cheddar and fried to a crispy golden brown. Serve it with a dipping sauce of Spicy Tomato Sauce or Chipotle Aioli. So addictive!!! —Nancy's Cravings
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 5 ounces aged smoked cheddar or gruyere
- 6 cups safflower oil for frying
- Instructions 1.Steam potatoes until soft. Mash potatoes along with milk, sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, 1 egg and flour. A this point refrigerate for 1 hour to harden the mixture.
- 2.Roll potato mixture into round 12 oblong cylinders and place a ½oz piece of cheese in the center by molding the potato around it. Refrigerate again for 15 min.
- .3. Lightly beat eggs in a bowl and place breadcrumbs in a second bowl. Dip each cylinder in eggs and then breadcrumbs.
- 4.Pour about 2 ½ inches of oil into a deep heavy pot. Heat to 365 degrees; monitor with a thermometer. Carefully place 2 potato croquettes at a time into oil and fry until deeply golden.
- 5.Can be kept warm in an oven of 325 degrees until all croquettes are ready. Serve while very hot.