Author Notes: Everyone loves a Rice Krispies Treat! These are made more exciting with layers of peppermint in marshmallows, pretzels, and candies. —Laura Dembowski
cup white chocolate peppermint covered pretzels, chopped
cup soft peppermint candies, chopped (like Andes)
cups peppermint mini marshmallows
cups regular mini marshmallows
tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
cups Rice Krispies
cup soft peppermint candies, melted, for drizzling (like Andes)
- Line a 9 by 13 inch pan with parchment. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop pretzels and candies. I cut the pretzels into quarters and the candies into thirds. Measure prior to chopping. Set aside. Measure out Rice Krispies and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave both kinds of marshmallows and butter in 30 second increments, stirring in between to promote melting, until they are completely melted. Immediately pour in pretzels, candies, and Rice Krispies. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed and fully coated with marshmallow. Quickly pour the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing down with hands.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the Andes chips in 30 second increments, stirring in between to promote melting, until fully melted. Immediately drizzle over the pan of treats.
- Allow treats to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares and serving. May be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days, though they are best the first day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift