If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorite homemade treats to make. I have come up with a way to share these delcious cookies with friends by wrapping the dough up: just cut it in slices and bake. —Ilona Oppenheim
Makes 20 cookies
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons organic cane sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour (grind rolled oats in a blender)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, crushed
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
- In another large bowl combine the flours, salt, and baking soda. gradually add to the butter mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate and almonds.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Form three- tablespoon sized balls out of the dough and place on baking tray keeping about a three- inch distance between the balls.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookies in the oven. After 10 minutes press the cookies flat with a spatula and bake until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes more. let stand for 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift