If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You know that time when you had that meal, and there was something that you never thought you'd like which turned out to not only be a revelation, but also was something that you just couldn't quite recreate, no matter what you tried? Having never liked Brussels sprouts in my life, I rocked up at a food-by-donation lunch and was served a scoopful of them by a congenial hipster lady, and I was too polite to say no. They were unforgettably good. Years later, I've landed on a "recipe" which ain't it, really, but it's close enough for me. —magpiekate
Serves 4 as a side
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Preheat that oven to 200 C (400 F).
- Chop those sprouts in half!
- While your oven is getting nice and toasty, marinate your sprouts in the oil, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Bake in a single layer, face up, face down, don't matter, for about 40 minutes. By the end, they should be irresistable.