If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe gets rave reviews each year I make it for my Christmas trays. It's easy to make, has a great crunch and packs up easy for mailing or giving away. —You Made That?
cup corn syrup
cup raw peanuts
teaspoon baking soda
- Prepare cookie sheet or foil by spraying a light coat of cooking spray.
- Measure 1 tsp. baking soda and set aside
- In medium size pan, put corn syrup, sugar, and peanuts in the pan and cook on medium-high heat constantly stirring
- Stir until the peanuts start to turn light brown, the peanuts will start to smell cooked too
- Take off heat and add a pinch of salt and baking soda and stir well, it will puff up when the baking soda is added so be careful.
- Pour onto prepared pan and let it spread out
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift