Author Notes: This recipe gets rave reviews each year I make it for my Christmas trays. It's easy to make, has a great crunch and packs up easy for mailing or giving away. —You Made That?
cup corn syrup
cup raw peanuts
teaspoon baking soda
- Prepare cookie sheet or foil by spraying a light coat of cooking spray.
- Measure 1 tsp. baking soda and set aside
- In medium size pan, put corn syrup, sugar, and peanuts in the pan and cook on medium-high heat constantly stirring
- Stir until the peanuts start to turn light brown, the peanuts will start to smell cooked too
- Take off heat and add a pinch of salt and baking soda and stir well, it will puff up when the baking soda is added so be careful.
- Pour onto prepared pan and let it spread out
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift