If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't know anyone who does not enjoy eating a few rum, bourbon or Grand Marnier cocoa balls. They are delicious, in portion-controlled shape (if you can resit eating more than a couple LOL), and addictive. You can give/mail them as a gift, nicely wrapped in some transparent cellophane gift wrapping paper and tied with a colorful ribbon. Or, if you are going to serve them at home, you can place each in individual mini paper baskets. Enjoy! —Regine
Makes about 50-55 balls
- 3 cups Finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies. But I also find that an entire 11-12 oz box of vanilla wafer cookies does the trick. I do not even measure.
- 2 cups Powdered (confectioner's) sugar, plus more to roll the balls
- 1 cup Finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Bourbon, Rum, or Grand Marnier (or even Tequila which I used last time by mistake thinking it was whiskey)
- 1/4 cup Light corn syrup (honey can also be used)
- Optional - 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional - 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest (you may want to skip if using Grand Marnier since it is already an orange flavor liqueur)
- Mix wafers, sugar, pecans, cocoa . Stir rum/bourbon/grand marnier, corn syrup, and (if using) vanilla extract and orange zest. To form balls that are more consistently shaped, you can scoop the dough into 2 teaspoon worth of dough (or tablespoon if you want the balls bigger), and shape them into balls with your hands. If you find the dough to be a bit too sticky to be shaped, you can place in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour before shaping them. Roll them into a lot of powdered sugar. Can be refrigerated if you want. Tastes even better if served 1 or 2 days later.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift